Thursday, October 23, 2014

Day 346

Our day was like this: wake up at crack of dawn, (thankfully) girls wake up one after the other-- which gives me time to ease into being Mommy ;)  Then, breakfast, playtime & Lulu's nap. Penelope and I went out in her little car, around the cul de sac about 7 times while Lu was down; P is very calm and almost meditative during these rides, it's nice, since she now detests riding in the stroller. She thinks she's a walker, so she should be walking everywhere. :/ Later, it's Penelope's nap time, and I have about 15 minutes to eat (shovel cereal in fast so I can hurry up and relax!!), then Lulu wakes up. This is nice-- she is still little enough that she lets me cuddle her for a while as she's waking up. But, even now she's starting to squirm, she is mobile and has places to go, things to do! I then feed her lunch, and we play. This is the time I can do: laundry, write thank you notes, vote and get my ballot out, clean up, etc. The hour before P wakes up is a calmer time, and I can sit down a bit, or put on something other than Dora the Explorer!! :) P wakes up and I feed her lunch, usually sandwich, fruit and milk. By this time, it's around 2:30, and if I have errands, I race around getting the girls ready so we can be back by 5pm-- dinner time. Today we looked for a Halloween costume for P, no luck. :/ Then it's back home, and start getting dinner ready. After baths tonight, I wanted to take a walk, but I was just so tired, so we watched Bubble Guppies and went up for stories afterwards. 

Wow. I wanted to write out our typical day, so I could remember it later and show you girls how crazy our lives were! Crazy and fun. :) We will do it all over tomorrow.... And we can't wait to see Papa after that. 

Girls are asleep in their rooms... I'll check on P before I settle in bed, but never on Lu. She's a light sleeper, and I'm scared to wake her!! :) Miss P, she sleeps like a rock, and if she does wake up, she just says "hi!", and goes back to sleep. So cute!

I'm still nursing Lulu at naps and bedtime, and if she needs to be settled at nighttime. I get lots of raised eyebrows (on lots of things in addition to this), but we are doing things just fine our way, and I think we are doing ok! 

Time to pass out. Phew! Goodnight! 




No comments:

Post a Comment